Saturday 9 March 2013

Rekorderlig Wild Berries Swedish Pear Cider

Ever since trying Somersby, we've been interested in trying other ciders. This is a pear cider from Sweden that is flavoured with wild berries. It contains 7.0% alcohol and a single can costs $3.00 at the LCBO.

The LCBO describes the tasting note as: "vibrant aromas of candied strawberry, raspberry and cherry; not-too-sweet on the palate with lots of berry and cream soda flavours."

We decided to drink it over ice as our previous cider experience didn't go so well.

Ingredients

When we opened the can, we could definitely smell the berries. It smelled like a fruity body spray. Here's what we thought:

Moréna: I loved the smell of this. When I first tasted it, I thought it was all right. It didn't really have any 'bite' to it, and was quite sweet. It's smooth at first, but there is a bit of an alcoholic after taste. It kind of tasted flat to me, even though I tasted it right away. I don't think this will be a drink that I would come back to as I think it's too sweet for my liking. 3/5

Corey: It smells like a wine cooler and has a strong sweet after taste. 3.5/5

Katherine: Has a bad after taste and tastes kind of like raspberry vodka + Sprite. 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment