Saturday 9 March 2013

Touch Organic White Tea

Touch Organic White tea (100 bags) $7.57 from Well.ca
After a week of coffee drinking,  I decided to switch back to tea for a while. I've drank about half of this box since I got it a few months ago and I'm really enjoying it! White tea is a healthy drink option for those looking to drink more fluids. Click here to view the benefits of drinking white tea.


Each bag is individually wrapped. The tea bags themselves are brown.

Here's my cup seconds after I placed the bag into the water. 

The colour intensifies the longer you brew it for.

There are a few different ways that you can brew white tea, but it all comes down to preference. However, there seems to be a general consensus that boiling water should not be used. This can 'cook' the leaves, giving it a bitter taste.

This is how I brew my white tea:

-Put some water into your kettle (a little more than the amount of tea you wish to make)
-Set it on high heat
-Let it heat up until you can see steam coming out of the kettle before it boils. Turn off the heat. If you've accidentally let it reach boiling, take it off the heat and let it sit for a few minutes to cool down.
-Pour the hot water into your cup and immerse the tea bag in the water.
-Let it brew for 2-3 minutes, dunking the tea bag in and out of the water occasionally.

Sometimes I leave the tea bag in a little longer and it gets a little bitter, but it's not bad. White tea tastes a bit similar to green tea, but it's not as strong. It has a smooth taste and can be a great transition into the world of tea!

A while back, I was drinking 2-3 cups of this per day. I would use 1 tea bag to brew an entire teapot and let it brew for 5-6 minutes. I felt that I had more energy and I was generally in a better mood. This week, I only drank coffee and I don't feel nearly as good as when I was only drinking tea and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment